Prep Time: 2 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Serves: 4-6 Makes: 8 Tacos
1 lb. of Ground beef (or meat of your choice)
3 Tbsp (23 grams) Lito’s Cocina Taco Seasoning Mix
1/4 cup Water
(Yields approx. 8 tacos)
Additional Ingredients (Optional)
8 Soft Corn Tortillas
Note: For best results, weigh the ingredients in grams. If using a tablespoon, run a straight edge across the top of the tablespoon to remove excess ingredients.
Preparing the Meat
- Set your stove top temperature on medium heat.
- Place the ground beef in a non-stick pan and begin cooking.
- About halfway through cooking add 3 tablespoons of taco mix and 1/4 cup of water.
- Mix taco mix into ground beef and cook beef completely.
- Lower flame and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Homemade Taco Shells
- Fill a small frying pan with about 1/8” deep of Pure Vegetable Oil and set stove top on low heat.
- Place a corn tortilla in the hot oil and start frying the corn tortilla.
- While frying, bend tortilla in half and fry tortilla into a folded V shape shell.
- Continue frying tortilla until it becomes a semi-hard shell.
- Place hot shell on a plate with a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- Once the excess oil has drained off, add approximately 2 oz. of cooked ground beef in the shell and add your favorite toppings.
- SERVE AND ENJOY. From my kitchen to yours!